RealPage Webinar with Patrick Carroll
Patrick Carroll, Founder and CEO of CARROLL, sat down with Jay Parsons from RealPage to discuss from a market-level and CARROLL-specific level how COVID-19 has impacted daily operations. This interview gives a quick snapshot into how CARROLL is adapting and finding opportunity in the midst of the chaos and confusion. Below is a complete list of the interview questions.
- You announced recently that you had contracted and recovered from COVID-19. First of all, I’m thankful to hear you have recovered. How are you feeling now? Do you mind sharing what that experience was like?
- You’re clearly ready to march forward at a time when the market for acquiring assets and businesses is freezing up. How did your experience shape your strategy?
- For multifamily specifically, what markets and asset types do you think are most attractive from an acquisition standpoint right now?
- Do you see suburban Sun Belt will continue to fare better through this downturn, and do you think that will impact how coastal and foreign capital values these assets?
- How do you see the value-add space impacted by the COVID-19 slowdown? Will we see renovation activity slow down for a while?
- You’ve funded a renter assistance program to help some of your renters struggling to pay rent. How did that fund come about?
- What’s it been like to see the impact of the fund – being able to support those who need help? And what comes next?
- How are May collections shaping up so far, and how do you see these next few months playing out?
- What are you seeing right now in terms of key fundamentals – new lease velocity, rents, retention? What markets are doing comparatively well, and which have been more challenging?
- Can you share some of your playbook for operating apartments in a recession when new lease demand is weak, rents are trending in the right direction, and … on top of all that, this time around we’re seeing a lot more policy/regulatory heat on property owners in the form of eviction moratoriums and other restrictions?
- Can you share with us any success stories or speak to how you’ve seen your team step up?